Role and responsabilities
Our client is looking for a Communications Officer that will provide coordination and support for all of our client’s communications activities. Located at it’s head office in Montreal, he/she will work closely with and provide support to the President and CEO and reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications.
More specifically, your responsibilities will consist of:
- Build the profile of our client through contributing to the development of and implementing a thoughtful communications program.
- Contribute to the development of our client’s brand, and ensure public communications align with the brand.
- Research, write and create communications and marketing materials for government, partners, donors, researchers, the public and other stakeholders, including annual reports, websites, announcements, articles, news releases, newsletters, speeches and documents for the Board of Directors;
- Maintain an effective social media presence;
- Update and create engaging content for the our client’s website;
- Coordinate the creation of reports for government and partners, translating monitoring data into engaging and accessible narratives;
- Provide communications support to fundraising, including the design and production of campaign materials, briefing documents, proposals and stewardship reports;
- In collaboration with the President and CEO, contribute to the development of a strategy for and seek out speaking engagements at meetings and conferences, and opportunities with the media;
- Collaborate with team members to plan and execute events that raise awareness and support for our client, i.e., announcements with Government officials, receptions, dinners, conferences, meetings, and presentations to donors, prospects, scientists and other stakeholders;
- Serve as an enthusiastic and well-informed spokesperson and ambassador for our client at public functions and special events;
- Monitor on a daily basis health and brain-related news and social media, prepare weekly summary of articles of interest, and identify issues in a timely manner;
- Identify specialized communications providers and manage relationships with them;
- Continually learn about our client’s approach and the research supported by them to better communicate it;
- Other special projects and duties as required.
Experience and requirements
- At least three-years successful experience as a communications professional, ideally as a manager and ideally in the health research, university or healthcare sector;
- A communications generalist, comfortable with the range of communications roles;
- An understanding of the complexities of scientific research and skilled at conveying science and research in lay terms;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and communications software;
- Bilingual, with excellent written communications skills in English and French;
- A professional presence and comfortable within all environments up through to the President and CEO level;
- Extremely well organized, diligent and detail oriented;
- Positive attitude, decisive, resourceful and highly motivated with entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good judgment;
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy without clerical support;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests, and to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Available to work outside normal office hours and to travel nationally on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Our client is an equal opportunity employer that offers a dynamic work environment and attractive compensation and benefitsCandidates are encouraged to apply promptly as they will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.