Director, Sales & Marketing – North America
(Show business and entertainment)
Working with the Vice-president of Sales & Marketing-Touring shows, the Director will be responsible for the marketing of all North American touring shows Big Tops and Arenas. To this end, he/she will supervise the marketing team in the development of all marketing sales and promotional strategies including: overall brand positioning, traditional and non-traditional online tactics. He/she will work in partnership with the Director, Media Relations and Promotions and the Director, Ticket Sales to develop show sales in all markets worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities
More specifically, the director will be responsible to:
- Manage and develop the touring shows marketing team;
- Oversee all marketing activities foe the North American touring shows;
- Develop the strategic approach for touring shows campaigns;
- Maintain and/or develop linkages with local promoters to optimize our sales and marketing strategy.
- Ensure that all marketing activities by our partners adhere to Cirque du Soleil brand standards;
- Approve each marketing plan from the touring shows specific to each market;
- Approve the various applications of advertising and promotional activities;
- Oversee the North American marketing budget;
- Actively participate in revenue and marketing budget planning;
- Take part in developing major market launch strategies;
- Recommend actions to maximize revenues;
- Act as a link with the touring shows marketing teams and internal Cirque du Soleil departments (e.g. Box Office);
- Work with counterparts in various areas of marketing in order to ensure optimal coordination;
- Manage the budget envelope for each of the shows under his responsibility in each market visited;
- Develop and follow up on detailed timetables for the touring shows.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible traditional and non-traditional marketing experience in a business environment
- Proven experience in North American marketing with high-profile brand within a fast moving touring shows environment;
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies;
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written; other languages an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of all MS Office programs;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven leadership;
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Must be able to create and maintain solid business relationships both internally and externally, and promote an innovative work environment;
- Availability to travel in North America 40%.