General Manager – Québec | Public Relations Firm
Role and responsibilities
The organization, a global mid-size agency, is seeking a senior leader with proven skills in agency leadership to drive growth and realize opportunities to lead its Quebec region offices and as a member of the national executive in Canada.
We are an award-winning strategic and dynamic agency with a strong reputation for strategy, innovation and analytics. Reporting to the Canadian President, the ideal candidate for the General Manager, Quebec will be entrepreneurial, collaborative, motivating and have a desire to build a world class firm.
- Accountability for the agency operations in Quebec and senior relationships with its clients based in Montreal and Quebec City;
- Contribute to the agency’s aggressive growth plan, evaluation and management of staff and current clients and positioning the agency for the future;
- Creation and implementation of the agency’s continued improvement and evolving offering in strategy, digital and analytics;
- Collaboration on new business efforts with other Vision7 entities, including Cossette, K72 and Jungle Media;
- Grow and develop the organization’s new business opportunities in targeted industries and key competencies, such as public affairs, government relations, corporate communications and marketing communications.
- Contribute to the organization’s national executive committee in key strategic areas of growth, innovation, employee engagement and client service excellence.
Experience, abilities and requirements
- Able to lead and execute research-driven communications programs for clients to advance their business and brands;
- With 10+ years of progressive experience including 5 years of consulting experience;
- Proven ability to help clients garner support, advance brands and/or corporate/organization reputations by engaging with key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and/or other businesses/organizations;
- Able to develop revenue by growing profitable client relationships;
- Has an understanding of how communications teams work from both client and agency-sides;
- Entrepreneurial and professional with impeccable written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Help solicit and win new business;
- Superb people manager able to attract, motivate, retain, empower and coach staff, and will possess the vision, insight and confidence necessary to manage a team.